Because my skillset and experience makes me a perfect match for this position. I'm also a quick learner, resilient and open to new ideas and environments.
SQL/Power BI Developer
February 2018 - Present
• Designed data models and dashboards with Power BI desktop based on measure and dimension as requested by customer needs and requirement.
• Extensively used complex DAX functions to generate reports based on Daily, Monthly & Yearly data.
• Utilized Python libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, SciKit-Learn & Matplotlib for data structuring, preprocessing, visualization & creating predictive models.
• Developed and Created Workspace and Apps in Power BI service and giving access to end users to Apps.
• Created Row level security (RLS) and integrated with Power BI service (SaaS) portal.
• Maintained different levels of Data Security in Power BI while granting access to data and assigning Row Level Security (RLS) when needed.
• Production support, troubleshooting and debugging in a high-volume transaction.
• Used Power BI, Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototype, and used Power View and Power Map to visualize reports.
• Designed reports like table report, matrix report, cascading report, sub reports, drill down, drill through and chart reports using complex data set queries, stored procedures, views in SSRS.
• Created Proof of Concepts (POCs) for various projects using Power BI.
• Design and develop Business Intelligence solutions using MSBI tools.
• Worked in building Business Intelligence solutions on large-scale RDBMS data warehouses.
• Built KPIs based on the end user requirements, worked on Performance of SSAS Tabular model.
• Designed, Processed, and deployed OLAP cubes with star schema and multiple partitions using SSAS.
• Worked closely with development team reviewing, building, testing, and maintaining database structures and SQL scripts.
• Created and deployed SSIS packages using various Transformations such as Slowly Changing Dimension, Lookup, derived column, merge, multicast and Conditional Split SSIS components.
• Maintained SSIS packages for production and test environment for incoming source application files.
• Applied dimensional data modeling such as star and snowflake schemas to design data marts.
• Write and debug T-SQL Queries, SSRS Reports, SSIS Packages and Stored Procedures.
• Utilized Power BI online services and Desktop application to create interactive visuals and KPI scoreboards.
• Designed, developed, implemented, and maintained databases to manage data analysis efforts.
• Extensively used T-SQL queries in constructing user functions, views, indexes, data extraction and management.
West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection
April 2011 - February 2018
• Utilized open source tools like python to build a routine that can automate or optimize several
• Performed GIS Analysis, application development, user support & other GIS related activities
• Performed LiDAR point classification and delivered LiDAR data derived products such as
digital terrain models, slope, Hillshade, aspect, 3D models, Rasters and contours
• Prepared GIS application user manual, trained user staff in the operation of GIS applications
and provided user support for GIS application programs
• Researched, Developed, implemented new methods of measuring and analyzing data sets
• SQL query for data extraction and management
•Worked closely with development team reviewing, building, testing and maintaining database structures and SQL scripts.
• Applied tools and algorithms to identify trends in mining fills and associated stream loss in Southern West Virginia.
• Produced cartographically sound web maps for conference and public forums.
• Conducted data mining and retrieval, and applied statistical and mathematical analyses to identify trends, solve analytical problems, and optimize performance.
• Performed supervised image classification by applying the Support Vector Machine algorithm to identify land cover from imagery.