I am a highly motivated and results-driven ETL and SQL Developer with a passion for leveraging technology to drive business success. With a strong foundation in database design and data analysis, I excel in developing and maintaining ETL workflows and optimizing SQL queries to deliver accurate and actionable insights.
My experience working with a diverse range of data sources and structures has equipped me with a keen ability to identify and address data quality issues, ensuring that all outputs are of the highest quality. Additionally, my proficiency in ETL tool SSIS, along with my SQL programming skills, enable me to quickly and efficiently transform complex data into meaningful business intelligence.
As a team player with excellent communication and problem-solving skills, I am able to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality solutions that meet business objectives. I am committed to staying up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends to continually enhance my skills and expertise.
Overall, I am a dedicated and enthusiastic ETL and SQL Developer who is passionate about utilizing technology to drive data-driven decision-making and business success.
NYC Sidewalk Cafe Project
This project pertains to building a Data warehouse for NYC cafes applying for Public Sidewalk space ... ... More
ETL / SQL Developer
June 2019 - Present
• Involved in Planning, Defining, Profiling and Designing data based on business requirements and provided documentation. Enhancing and deploying the SSIS package from development server to production server.
• Experienced using ETL (SSIS) to develop packages for extracting, cleaning, transforming and loading data into data warehouse & performing Data Scrubbing, including data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
• Extensively used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task, Slowly Changing Dimension and Send Mail task etc.
• Created Complex ETL Packages using SSIS to extract data from staging tables to partitioned tables with incremental load.
• Created, maintained and updated ETL packages loading from/to both OLTP and OLAP database tables
• Resolved error with missing and incomplete records when importing data from an existing database to a new database. Identified inaccurate datatypes and length in destination tables. Resolved issue using advanced editor input and out columns; correcting datatypes and length for each column, allowing package to run efficiently and load accurate records to destination.
• Worked on the data warehouse design and analyzed various approaches for maintaining different dimensions and facts in the process of building a data warehousing application.
• Developed highly optimized stored procedures, functions, and database views to implement the business logic and also created clustered and non-clustered indexes.
• Created Database Objects - Tables, Indexes, Views, Stored, Procedures and User defined functions writing complex queries according to the requirements of the project.
• Experience in SQL joins, sub queries and performance tuning for better running of queries. Expressions, Functions, Charts, Maps, Sorting the data, Defining Data sources and Subtotals for the reports database tables
• Identified a bug with Datawarehouse due clients creating multiple accounts with different emails and phone numbers, causing duplicates. Resolved the issue by creating a Store procedure and utilizing case statement to categorize duplicate secondary email and phones numbers under existing clients instead of creating new client records and profiles.
• Customized reports by adding Filters, Calculations, Prompts, Summaries and Functions. Created reports to retrieve data using Stored Procedures that accept parameters.
• Created Parameterized Queries, generated Tabular reports, Sub reports, Cross Tabs, Drill down reports using Expressions, Functions, Charts, Maps, Sorting the data, Defining Data sources and Subtotals for the reports
• Repaired failing Dashboard by identifying issue with dataset for the report. Aggregation done on the dataset caused error in calculation due to null values, resolved issue by creating condition to replace Nulls with 0 to allow aggregation to occur and report began to generate.