China notified the World Health Organization (WHO) on December 31, 2019, of unknown pneumonia cases in Wuhan province. This pneumonia was later diagnosed as Coronavirus Disease 2019 which called COVID-19. This virus causes persistent fever, cough, and dyspnea. Within two weeks, the disease had spread from Hubei province to other provinces throughout China. In January 2020, Thailand was the first to report Covid-19 cases, followed by more than 200 countries, including the United States. The World Health Organization (WHO) officially declared Covid-19 to be in the global epidemic phase in March 2020. The dashboard I created analysis the death and cases of Covid-19 from February 2020 to March 2021 in United States.
During the early days and weeks of the pandemic, the then-President of the United States and other authorities actively downplayed the virus threat. The overall slow response of the United States to the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as state governments enforcing insufficiently stringent rules and lifting restrictions too quickly, has resulted in the country having the highest number of confirmed cases and deaths. States that eased restrictions, for example, soon had more total cases and deaths than states that imposed stricter restrictions. Looking at the numbers, from the beginning of the pandemic around March 31st to April 6th, 2020, the infection rate was 9% and the mortality rate was 3%, but in a week between April 4/7/20 and 4/14/2020, that number jumped to 11% infection and 3% mortality.
• When COVID -19 hit, became extremely difficult to pursue the nomadic lifestyle, as most countries implemented strict travel restrictions and many flight routes got canceled. When traveling became difficult, remote work on the other hand became the new normality, when numerous companies decided to send their employees home during the lockdown periods.
• The lockdown made everyone realize how important community is for our mental health. Socializing is one of the best ways to get our mind off work and stimulate brain activity. Something that we haven\'t been able to do much of during pandemic.
• Finally, the COVID -19 pandemic made people realize the importance of health care.
1. In February 2020, during the early stages of the Pandemic, the weekly infection rate in the United States was 220%. In the same month, the mortality rate reached 31%. Those figures are exaggerated because there were no mandatory requirements in place at the time. My advice is to keep a social distance of at least 6 feet. Also, avoid crowded indoor areas such as bars and restaurants. The closer we are to \'too\' many people the more likely we are to be exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19.
2. In November 2020, the highest weekly US death rate was 14%. That was the deadliest month of the year. This increase is based on where we spend most of our time indoors during winter. Here, we gather closely in spaces that may offer less-than-ideal ventilation and cramped personal space. Heating systems also make indoor air drier. These conditions can greatly affect the transmission of respiratory viruses. Not surprisingly this is the time high numbers of people traveling and gathering during the winter holidays. These have contributed to the surge of the virus. My suggestion is wearing a mask in crowded places. Wearing mask reduces the amount of potentially infectious respiratory particles we release into the air when we talk, breathe or cough. the evidence suggests that mask also protect the wearers from developing more severe cases and decrease deaths from the virus, because they can help prevent some viral particles from making it into their airways.
3. In 2020, the American Territory Region had the fewest total cases of any region. The death WoW in this region was only 1%, compared to 3% in the Southeast region. Because the climate is warmer all year round. My guidance is to continue moving indoor activities outside because it is rare to become infected when doing so. This may also contribute to the decrease in case numbers in this region. If you must remain indoors, my other suggestion is, proper air circulation and filtration reduce the possibility of indoor airborne transmission.
4. The weekly infection and death rates were -19% and -10% lower in February 2021, respectively, than in February 2020. My suggestion is to get vaccinated. The vaccine is the best option. The vaccine protects against serious illness, hospitalization, or death. It is a more reliable method of developing immunity than becoming ill with covid or dying from it. Covid-19 vaccines aid the body in developing immunity to the virus that causes-19. Although vaccinated people can become infected, the vaccine significantly reduces the risk of becoming critically ill or death.
Arlington, Virginia, United States.