I am Microsoft Certified Power BI Developer. Over the years, I have acquired a wide range of valuable transferable skills that would enable me to deliver 100% every time. Besides, I understand that the skill to adapt to change is one of the most critical factors for business success in our industry. This makes me the best candidate because I am always striving to learn new processes and technologies, which makes me equipped and ready to adapt to changing situations and new technologies. When you bring me on, I would give you the ability to quickly adapt to changing needs and also the quality of the work I can bring to the table by going above and beyond would enable you to reach your goals.
Power BI Developer
September 2017 - Present
• Designed and Implemented reporting solutions using Power BI and SQL Server Reporting Services data visualization tools.
• Developed and deployed Power BI reports, dashboards, and KPI scorecards using Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service.
• Collaborated with analysts and department leaders to design, build, and customize the reports.
• Created various connections to different data sources to ingest data into Power BI to create a data model.
• Applied business logic using DAX to provide custom functionality in Power BI Applications and perform complex calculations.
• Scheduling auto-refresh for Power BI reports as per business requirements.
• Developed complex data models by undertaking various data transformation, creating relationships between data from different sources, and applying proper cardinality.
• Worked with Business Analysts and business teams to gain a rich understanding of business requirements and their reporting needs.
• Implemented the navigation features in Power BI (bookmarks, buttons, drill-throughs) to guide readers through a compelling data-driven story.
• Published reports to the Power BI service, managed the distribution of reports to establish access to the Power BI reports and dashboards.
• Implemented row-level security on Power BI reports ensuring data security and ensuring that business users have access to relevant data.
• Implemented an auto-refresh schedule for published datasets for on-premises data sources by using data gateways.
SQL Server Developer
May 2015 - August 2017
• Developed database objects like tables, views, stored procedures, functions, and triggers using SQL Server 2012/2014/2016.
• Involved in Performance Tuning of the Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, and other SQL queries based on best practices.
• Assisted in post-implementation continuous improvement efforts to enhance performance and help developers create and performance tune database queries.
• Created and scheduled Various SQL Jobs, using SQL Server Agent to perform various administrative tasks.
• Developed complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views, other T-SQL code, and SQL joins for applications following SQL code standards.
• Designed, developed, and deployed several reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and managed SQL Server Report Manager to manage reports, implement security, manage subscriptions, and maintain deployed reports.
• Wrote Parameterized Queries for generating parameterized reports and configured different types of parameters for SSRS reports.
• Created standard and data-driven subscriptions to proactively distribute reports to business users.
• Administered Report Manager interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history using SSRS 2012.
• Created SSIS packages to extract data from different sources, clean, transform and load the data to a data warehouse.
• Used several SSIS tasks such as Control flow task, Sequence container task, Dataflow Task, Execute SQL Task, Data conversion task, Derived Column Task, and Script Task in SSIS Designer to implement business logic and deliver a data-driven solution to business needs.
• Involved in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
• Established ETL design practices for optimization and performance of packages and Parameterized SSIS.
• Used Agile methodologies and participated in Scrum meetings.