Over the years, I have acquired a wide range of skills such as communication, team leading as well as strong problem-solving skills and a combination of organizational and interpersonal skills to deliver solutions in a pressurized, target and time-bound environment. I am a person who pays extra attention to details, properly utilizes my time on the assigned tasks, I can work independently and a good team player as well. My ample experience plus the readiness to join and work in a new environment makes me invaluable to the company that is ready to hire me.
One of the most important signs of a healthy economy is its labor force. Perhaps it is more accurate... ... More
SQL/Power BI Developer
March 2018 - Present
• Created Power BI reports, dashboards and data models using various data sources to multiple departments in the organization, gaining key insights for the business.
• Utilized the navigation features in Power BI (e.g., bookmarks, drill-through) to guide readers through a compelling data-driven story.
• Published reports via the Power BI service, managing them through the distribution of apps and monitoring usage/data refreshes/security access.
• Identified key performance indicators (KPIs) with clear objectives and consistently monitor those.
• Working knowledge of Power BI DAX and ability to perform and troubleshoot complex calculation and measure, calculated columns and tables.
• Performed extensive documentation explaining algorithms, parameters, models, and relations.
• Involved in planning, defining, and designing database based on the business requirements document.
• Created complex Stored Procedures, Functions (UDF), Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications following SQL code standards.
• Optimized Stored Procedures and long running queries using indexing strategies and query-optimization techniques.
• Created and maintained SSIS packages to extract data from multiple sources like Excel, XML and OLTP and consolidated them into staging tables.
• Used multiple SSIS transformations such as: data conversion, derived column, conditional split to cleanse and validate data.
• Followed a star schema design in data warehouse creation, which outlined measurable financial data in the fact table, along with detailed data in surrounding dimension tables.